700g soft light brown sugar
370ml double cream
|Stir constantly until the butter has|
melted and the sugar has dissolved
- Combine all ingredients together in a deep pan and heat gently.
- Stir constantly until the butter has melted and sugar dissolved.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly until the liquid gets to 116C (using a sugar themometer)
- Remove pan from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes until it starts to thicken and loses it's gloss.
- Pour into a tin, lined with greaseproof paper.
- Leave to set at room temperature for a few hours.
- Sprinkle some white chocolate stars or nuts on top.