Another fun and delicious stuffed marrow recipe, although I seem to have forgotten to take a photo of it...
Ingredients:1 large marrow
175ml boiling water
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 red pepper, chopped finely
100g feta, chopped into cm cubes
100g chorizo, chopped into small pieces
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried coriander
- Preheat oven to 200C or Gas Mark 6.
- Slice the marrow in half lengthways, scoop out the seeds and place onto a baking tray.
- Place couscous in a bowl and pour over the boiling water and lemon juice.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and gently fry the red onion for a few minutes, then add the chopped chorizo for a few minutes.
- Add the fried onion & chorizo to the couscous with the red pepper, feta and herbs and stir in well.
- Spoon the couscous mix into the centre of the two marrow halves, squashing it together with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the marrow is soft and tender.