|Freshly baked meringues|
3 egg whites
110g caster sugar
2 tsp corn flour
- Preheat oven to Gas 1 or 100C.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Add half of the sugar and whisk until it is glossy.
- Fold in the other half of the sugar and corn flour.
- Dollop teaspoons full of the mixture onto a baking sheet (or greaseproof paper) on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Allow to cool before removing from baking sheet with a pallet knife.
Serve as part of a dessert or place whipped cream between 2 meringues and squeeze together...