2 kg of fruit, consisting of 2 peaches, 2 plums, 2 apples & the rest pears, peeled and cored
2 oranges, zested & juiced
1 kg jam sugar
750 ml water
- Place 2-3 plates in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 140C.
- Place all the prepared fruit, orange zest & juice and the water into a large pan.
- Simmer until the pears are soft.
- Meanwhile wash the jars in warm soapy water & then place face down in the oven to dry & sterilise.
- Add the sugar & continue to simmer on a low/medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn up the heat & allow to boil hard for 10-15 minutes.
- Test for a set, by drizzling some of the jam onto a cold plate from the fridge. Place the plate in the fridge for 2 mins. After 2 mins run your finger over the jam & if it leave a crinkly track then it is ready for putting into the jars. If it is still runny then continue to boil, checking it every few minutes.
- Once ready put into the jars & seal.
- Store in a cool, dark place until ready to use, then refrigerate.