Ingredients:200g red lentils,
450ml vegetable stock,
1 bay leaf,
100g unsalted cashew nuts,
2 onions, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp lemon juice,
75g grated cheese,
3 tbsps parsley,
- Add lentils, stock & bay leaf to a pan & bring to the boil. Cover & allow to simmer for 10-15 mins until the stock has been absorbed.
- Toast cashew nuts in a dry frying pan for a few minutes & chop roughly.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Add some oil to frying pan & fry onions for a few minutes before adding, pepper, carrot, garlic and frying until soft.
- Mix together in a large bowl the cooked lentils, fried vegetables & all the other ingredients.
- Put into a greased loaf tin & cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove foil & bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Serve with gravy, vegetables, potatoes as an alternative to meat for a Sunday roast.