Christmas has arrived a little early here, but I worked out if I didn't get the Christmas decorations up this weekend it probably wouldn't happen this year...
Advent AdvenTea Afternoon Tea Andy Murray Animals Apple Aubergines Australia Autumn Bacon Bag End Banana Beach Beans Beef Bees Berries Beverage Bikes Birds Birthday Biscuits Black Forest Blackberries Blackpool Blueberries Boat BRADFORD Brazil Bread Breakfast Brunch Bus Butternut Squash Cabbage Cake Campervan Canal Cards Carnation Caramel Carrots Castle Cats Cauliflower Cereal Cheese Chicken Chickpeas Chillies Chinese Chocolate Chorizo Christians Against Poverty Christmas Church Chutney Cider Cinnamon Coaster Coffee Colours Community Competition Concert Cookies Coriander Couscous Craft Cream CREATIVE CORNER Cross Stitch Crumble Cupcakes Curry Cycling Day Trip Decorating Dessert Doctor Who dog Dusky Egg Egypt Elephants Elton John Engagement Falafel Fife Fish Flapjack Flowers FOODY FRIDAY Friendship Vignettes Fruit Fudge Fulneck Gammon Garden Germany Gift Ginger Gingerbread Graze Green Halloween Ham Hands Harvest Healthy Helicopter Herbs History Hobbit Hobbiton Holidays Honey Horizon House Icing Indian Isles of Scilly Italian Jam Kiwi Koala Lakes Lamb Lavender Le Tour de France Leaves Leek Lego Lemon Lemonade Lentils Light meal Lily Lions Living room Lord of the Rings Mains Malawi Mango Maps Market Marmalade Marrow Meatballs Memories Meringue Mexican Monkeys Moroccan Moss Moving House Mug Mushroom Nappy Narnia Natural Nature New Year New Zealand Nuts Oil Oilcloth Old adventures Omelette Orange Otley Owl Pacman Painting Pancakes Paneer Party Pasta Pastry Peanut Butter Pearl Barley Pears Peas Peppers Pesto Photos Picnic Pie Pimm's Pizza Pork Porridge Potato Present Purple R2D2 Rabbit Random Raspberries Recipes Rice River Roast Rosemary Salad Salvador Sausages Savoury Scarborough Scones Scotland Sea Seeds Sewing Machine Shopping Side dish Skiing Skipton Slow Cooker Smoothie Snack Snow Snowman Soup Souvenirs Space Spices Spinach Spring Spring Greens Sprouts Stained Glass Star Wars Stew Stir Fry Strawberries Summer Sunset Sweet Sweet Potato Take Away Alternative Tart Tea Tennis Thai The Body Shop Thoughts Thyme Titisee Toffee Tomato Tong Tortillas Travels Turkey Vegan Vegetables Vegetarian option Victoria sponge cake Volcanic Wales Walk Warhammer Wedding Wimbledon Windsor Woodland XStitch Yorkshire Zoo
Saturday, 28 November 2015
Friday, 27 November 2015
I was planning on cooking sausage and mash for my family tonight but wanted to make it with a difference, so we had sausage, homemade potato wedges and vegetable mash with onion gravy. It was delicious.
5 medium carrots, peeled & sliced
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
- Place the carrots, sweet potatoes and garlic cloves into a pan of water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the vegetables are nice and tender (easy to mash).
- Drain the vegetables and add the cumin, butter and other seasoning if required and mash.
Serve as an alternative vegetable side dish to many amazing meals or as I did an alternative to sausage and mash!
Friday, 20 November 2015
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cubed
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 tsp turmeric
800ml vegetable stock (I made with 2 vegetable OXO cubes)
- Heat the oil slightly in a large pan, adding the onions and garlic to gently saute until soft.
- Add the butternut squash, sweet potato and turmeric heating for another few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables cubes are tender.
- Allow to cool a little to puree in a blender, before re-heating slightly to serve.
Serve with some fresh bread and butter, will warm up any winters day.
Friday, 13 November 2015
2 slices of bacon, chopped into fine strips
450g sprouts, halved
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
half a chicken OXO cube, dissolved in 120ml of boiling water
- Pan fry the bacon on a medium-low heat, until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add the sprouts to the pan and saute for a few minutes, until browning.
- Add the garlic and continue to saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and cover for 5 minutes. Uncover and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the crispy bacon and season as necessary.
Serve as a vegetable side dish alongside a roast or other meal.
Ingredients: 2 kg of fruit, consisting of 2 peaches, 2 plums, 2 apples & the rest pears, peeled and cored 2 oranges, zested &am...
Ingredients: 4 large potatoes, sliced 2 onions, finely chopped 2 large carrots, sliced 1 tin chopped tomatoes 1 tin of baked be...
Blackberry picking the first weekend of August in Yorkshire is unheard of, usually it's the bank holiday or even September before it...
Ingredients: 6 bread cakes or bread baps or bread rolls (depending on which area of the country you reside in!) Jar of roasted peppe...
Ingredients: 1 kg potato, chopped into inch cubes 1 small swede, peeled & chopped 2 carrots, peeled & chopped 200g spinach ...