2 slices of bacon, chopped into fine strips
450g sprouts, halved
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
half a chicken OXO cube, dissolved in 120ml of boiling water
- Pan fry the bacon on a medium-low heat, until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add the sprouts to the pan and saute for a few minutes, until browning.
- Add the garlic and continue to saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and cover for 5 minutes. Uncover and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the crispy bacon and season as necessary.
Serve as a vegetable side dish alongside a roast or other meal.