1 pepper, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
150g goats cheese
1 tsp brown sugar
6 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp dried basil
4 tbsp warm water
1 garlic clove, crushed
hot dog sausages (optional)
- In a small pan add the tomato puree, water, basil and garlic, stir together to form a smooth paste and heat gently warm.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the peppers.
- Remove peppers from the pan and add the red onions and brown sugar, cooking until for ~5 minutes or until soft.
- Place the tortillas on a baking tray and brush the edges with water.
- Crumble half of the goats cheese and sprinkle around the rims of the tortillas.
- Fold over the edges of the tortillas over the cheese and pinch hard to create the stuffed crust.
- Spread the warmed tomato mix in the middle of the tortillas, top with the onions, peppers, olives, hot dogs and the rest of the crumbled goats cheese.
- Cook in the oven for ~10 minutes until the tortilla is golden and the cheese has melted.