This recipe is ideal to make with those left over egg yolks when you have made meringues...
400g granulated sugar
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g milk chocolate, broken in small pieces
50g chopped nuts
320g plain flour
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
half tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180C or Gas Mark 4.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Beat together the 3 egg yolks and beat into the mix.
- Mix in the vanilla essence, lemon juice, chocolate pieces and nuts.
- Fold in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt to form a soft dough.
- Take a spoonful of dough and mould into a ball in your hands.
- Place on a greased baking tray and flatten with your fingers. Place the cookies about 3cm apart as they spread a lot in the oven.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the edges crisp.
- Leave on the tray to cool before removing to a cooling rack.
|The cookies spread on the tray|
ENJOY with a good cuppa!
|Place on a baking tray|