175g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
125g plain flour
35g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
|Balls of cookie mix about to go in the oven|
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180C.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat the egg and vanilla essence together and then add to the butter & sugar mixture. Mix well until smooth.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the dry mix slowly to the wet mix, constantly mixing until all the dry ingredients are added and it is well combined.
- Make small walnut sized balls in your hands and place onto a baking sheet, well spaced out.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on the baking tray before moving to a wire rack to cool.