|Orange Marmalade Cake|
110g soft light brown sugar
110g orange marmalade
225g self raising flour
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3 or 170C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a loaf tin.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 1hr to 1hr 30 until it is golden brown. (If necessary stick a skewer into the centre of the cake to ensure it is cooked through, if it comes out clean it is cooked through).
- Remove from the oven and spread orange marmalade over the top of the cake, leave in the tin for 30 minutes.
- Remove from tin and place onto a wire rack until totally cool.