|Tomato sauce topping|
375g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp caster sugar
7g dried active baking yeast
2 tbsps olive oil
225ml warm water
Tomato sauce topping:
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsps of dried basil (or fresh if you have it!)
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp oil
Toppings (all optional):
|Adding the tomato sauce topping to the base |
(NB you will notice in this photo that the base
is already cooked I have tried making pizzas both ways and
find it better to add the topping and baking together
than baking the base first)
Hot dog sausages, sliced
Small pieces of cooked chicken
Chillies, finely chopped
Fresh basil leaves
Cheese (NOT OPTIONAL!)
|Adding the toppings|
- Mix flour, sugar, yeast & salt in a bowl.
- Add oil and warm water and mix well.
- Spread out on to a greased pizza tin. (Depending on the thickness of the base you require and how large the pizza it may make a few pizzas)
Tomato Sauce Topping:
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the garlic and basil until the aroma fills the room.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and heat gently until simmering.
- Once you have the topping and dough made you need to put it altogether to create a pizza. So spread tomato sauce on top of the round of dough on the pizza tin.
- Add various toppings (as above).
- Top off with cheese and further herbs if required.
- Bake in the oven on Gas Mark 5 or 190C for 20-25 minutes until it looks ready to eat...
|PIZZA with guerkins, peppers, hot dog sausages, mushrooms and BBQ sauce|