|Gingerbread muffins with Ginger Icing|
6 tbsps vegetable oil
280g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
4 tsps ground ginger
1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
pinch of salt
115g soft light brown sugar
3 pieces of stem ginger in syrup, finely chopped
4 tbsp golden syrup
175g icing sugar
1 drop of vanilla essense
2 tsps ground ginger
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200C.
- Line 2 muffin tins with paper cases.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon & salt into a bowl and beat again.
- Stir in the sugar & stem ginger
- Beat eggs in a bowl, add milk, oil & golden syrup.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined, do not overmix.
- Spoon into the paper cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, leave to cool.
- Beat the butter in a bowl.
- Add the icing sugar, vanilla essense & ground ginger and mix.
- Add milk as required a tbsp at a time and mix well.
- Once at a thick paste consistency, add a teaspoon of icing to the top of each cake, using the back of a teaspoon to smooth.
- Top with a small piece of chopped crystallised ginger.
|The finished product!!!|
If you have any fun cake recipes you would like to share, feel free to contact me and I will put together a blog post.