500g mince beef
1 onion, chopped
250g mushrooms, sliced
Clove of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp basil (or mixed herbs)
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
300ml beef stock (1 beef OXO cube desolved in boiling water)
1tbsp of tomato purée
1/2 carrots, chopped into small pieces (optional)
1 green/red pepper, cut into cubes (optional)
250-300g spaghetti (or pasta shapes)
- Fry the onion with the herbs and garlic until soft.
- Add the mushrooms until soft.
- Add the beef and fry until browned.
- Add the peppers, carrots, tinned tomatoes, stock and tomato purée and mix together well.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until reduced.
- Whilst the bolognaise is simmering, boil the spaghetti/pasta.
- Place spaghetti in a bowl or plate and cover in bolognese sauce.
Serve with grated cheese, garlic bread and/or salad.
|Bolognese with pasta shapes|