250g unsalted butter
275g caster sugar
450g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
Extra ingredients that you may require:
2 tbsps cocoa
a few drops of red (or other colours) food colouring
|Farm cookies ready for the oven|
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy and light.
- Add eggs gradually to the mix and beat together.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well to form a dough.
- Wrap dough in cling film and put in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to Gas Mark 3 or 160C.
- Mix a handful of the dough into the cocoa to make brown dough.
- Mix another handful of the dough with the required food colourings.
- Now you will have all the correct colours.
- To make the PIG - with the pink dough roll and flatten a 3-4cm round for the body, add a ball of approximately 2cm in diametre for the head, make small ears & a tail, with some of the white dough make a nose. Arrange on a baking tin (see picture).
- To make the SHEEP - with the white dough roll about 12 balls approximately 1cm in diametre for the body & with the brown dough roll a ball approximately 2cm in diametre for the head, along with 2 leg shaped pieces for the legs. Arrange the balls of dough into sheep shape on the baking tin (see picture below).
- Bake in the oven for 15-25 minutes until the cookies are nicely browned and crisp.
|A flock of cookie sheep|