|Chopped ginger, chillies & garlic|
8 chicken legs or thighs
4 garlic cloves
thumb-sized piece of ginger
3 tbsps of soy sauce
|Chopped stir fry vegetables|
Stir fry veg:
1 garlic clove
half a thumb sized piece of ginger
1 carrot, cut into sticks
1 pepper, cut into strips
100g mange tout
100g baby corn (fresh or tinned)
100g mushrooms, sliced (Optional)
1 tbsp of soy sauce
|Roasted chicken with covered in ginger, chillies & garlic|
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200C.
- Put the chicken in a roasting tin, trickle with oil and season well.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Halve and deseed the chillies and cut into thin strips. Slice garlic cloves and the ginger.
- Scatter the chillies, garlic and ginger over the chicken and turn it.
- Roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Halve and destone the plums.
- Tuck plum halves around the chicken and trickle over the soy sauce, adding a little water to the tin.
- Return to oven for 10-15 minutes until the plums and soft and yielding the juices.
- Prepare the stir fry vegetables whilst plums are cooking.
- Baste chicken with the juices and leave to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Add water and soy sauce to the couscous (as per packet instructions).
- Heat oil in a wok until hot, add the onions, chillies, ginger and fry for a minute. Add the soy sauce and the rest of the vegetables until cooked but still firm.
Serve the chicken on a bed of couscous with the stir fry vegetables and ENJOY!!!
|Plum Chilli Roasted Chicken with Couscous & Stir Fry Veg|
If you have any recipes you would like to share please contact me with photos and we can feature it on one of the FOODY FRIDAY posts.
If you try this recipe and have any other suggestions to making it better or tastier please let me know.
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy!