|Frying the mince|
For the chilli:
500g mince beef
250g mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped into small pieces
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 chillies (red or green), deseeded and thinly sliced
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of red kidney beans
200ml of beef stock (made with a beef OXO cube)
1 tbsp of tomato puree
1 pepper or carrot, cut into small pieces (Optional)
200g rice (boiled)
6-8 flour tortillas/wraps
grated cheese, for sprinkling on top
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 3 or 160C.
- Fry the onions, garlic, chillies and mushrooms until soft.
- Add the beef and cook until browned.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, stock, kidney beans, tomato puree and optional vegetables.
- Simmer for 15 mins until the vegetables are soft and the liquid has reduced.
- Whilst it is simmering, place the boiled rice in the bottom of a pyrex roasting tray and prepare wraps on top of the rice ready to place the chilli into.
- Fill each wrap with chilli and roll up placing on top of the rice bed.
- Spinkle grated cheese on top and place in the oven until the cheese topping has browned.
Serve with nachos, salsa or guacamole.