175g plain flour
50g ground almonds
50g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3 or 170C.
- Mix together in a bowl the flour, ground almonds and sugar.
- Rub in the butter to the dry ingredients and form into a dough. Knead lightly until the dough is smooth.
- On a floured surface, roll out the shortbread to about 5mm thick and using a cutter, cut into whatever shapes you want to make.
- Place them on a baking tray, spaced apart from the others.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place onto a wire cooling rack.
NB How about serving these with some fresh whipped cream and strawberries or raspberries.