150g soft brown sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
110g self raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180C.
- Over a gentle heat melt the margarine, sugar and syrup in a small pan.
- Add to melted mix to the dry ingredients and add the egg, then mix well until it forms a sticky mixture (it can take a while of mixing for it to gain the correct consistency).
- In your hand pick up a small ball of the mix and form into a ball.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Stir the chocolate until it has all melted.
- Using a spoon, spoon the melted chocolate over one half of the nibbles.
- Place on a piece of greaseproof paper to cool and set.