We had a wonderful road & camping trip to the Black Forest in Germany to see my brother, sister-in-law & 3 nieces. The youngest nieces are twins that were born earlier in the year so it was our first time to meet them & have lots of cuddles. Plus my brother & his family hadn't yet met our youngest neither. We also became Godparents to the twins & had a lovely day with all the family at the Christening at a little chapel high in the mountains.
Only a few weeks after returning from our holiday my mum suddenly passed away, which was quite a shock for us all, but meant I was very pre-occupied with all the arrangements & grieving.
|In memory of mum|
August brought my return to work after nearly 7 months off, which has been a big adjustment for us all.
Hence, I'm sure you can now understand why the blog has been a little neglected. But I now have some wonderful new recipes to share with you, especially as we have now all become vegetarians I have even trying out lots of new foods & recipes.
On top of that I've been:
- Enjoying the garden & more recently harvesting
- Learning lots about essential oils & their benefit to health & wellbeing from my sister-in-law Maria in the Wood
- Started doing some Christmas crafts in preparation for December coming around much quicker than I'd like to admit!
- Looking after my 2 gorgeous little boys :)
- And a last minute camping trip to Northumberland enjoying the last of the summer sun in September.