I have recently discovered Spring Greens, they're delicious but it also took me a number of attempts to discover how to cook them nicely. They are really good for you as well as they are full of Vitamin C, Folic Acid and Fibre.
The nicest way to eat them is stir fried in my opinion, so here is a recipe to try...
Spring greens (quantity optional but they do reduce down a lot)
Dash of soy sauce
Few fresh or dried chillies, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
Dash of fish sauce or Oyster sauce (both Optional)
- Break each leaf off the spring greens and cut out the thick middle stem.
- Roll up a few leaves together into a cigar shape and finely slice them.
- Heat a pan with a splash of nut oil until hot.
- Add the garlic and chillies to pan for a minute stirring them.
- Add the dash of soy sauce, fish sauce or Oyster sauce as necessary to flavour and stir before adding the spring greens to the pan.
- Stir fry until soft.
Serve as a side with a roast chicken, egg fried rice or any other dish (especially Oriental) of your choice.
Stir fry with other vegetables and meat and serve with rice or noodles.
Information about Spring Greens from: Wikipedia - Spring Greens