400g small potatoes, cubed
half a medium swede, cubed
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 vegetable stock cube
150g grated cheese
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Preheat oven to Gas 5 or 190C.
- Add the swede and potatoes to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 15 mins.
- Add 200ml of boiling water to another small pan with the stock cube, onion and garlic, also simmer for 15 mins.
- In the microwave but the spinach onto a plate and cook for 1 minute at full power, so that it wilts.
- Drain potatoes and swede and place back into the pan with the spinach, half the cheese and the stock mix and mix well.
- Place into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins or until the cheese is golden.
OPTIONAL: Serve with sausages for those who enjoy meat in their meal!