A great recipe for all those black bananas that have been in your fruit bowl for a little while
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas (the blacker the better!)
190g self raising flour
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3 or 150C.
- Melt butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a pan over a medium heat.
- Mash the bananas and add the melted ingredients, stirring together.
- Beat an egg and add to the mix.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into a cake tin and sprinkle demerara sugar on top.
- Bake for 35 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.