|Spiced Bramley Apple Cupcakes with Cinnamon Butter Icing|
3 Bramley apples
340g caster sugar
220g plain flour
2 tsps baking powder
4 tsps ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla essence
175g icing sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1-2 tbsps milk
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180C.
- Peel, core and grate the apples.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence.
- Add the grated apple (at this stage the mix looked disgusting but it will turn out ok in the end!)
- Add flour, baking powder and spices slowly whilst continually mixing.
- Fill each cupcake case with approximately 2 tsps of the cake mix.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 mins or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- Soften the butter in a bowl and fold in the icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the milk a spoonful at a time and mix well until at the desired consistency for piping or spreading onto the cakes with the back of the spoon.
ENJOY with a good cuppa and company :)
Recipe adapted from the blog post: Designer Dishes: Bramley Apple Cupcakes