Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake
225g soft light brown sugar
115g crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
200g icing sugar
1-2 tbsps milk
2-3 tbsps peanut butter (or more as required)
Add half a tsp of chocolate spread
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180C.
- Beat well together the butter, sugar and peanut butter.
- Gradually beat in the already lightly beaten eggs and add the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder and fold into the mix gently whilst adding the milk slowly.
- Spoon 1 tsp of the mixture into each of the paper bun cases and make a small well in the mix.
- Add half a tsp of chocolate spread into the centre of each bun and top with another tsp of the cake mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
Cool the cakes before icing
- Put icing sugar and butter together in a bowl and add the milk very slowly whilst mixing very well until it is a thick consistency.
- Add the peanut butter and continue to mix well.
- With the back of a spoon spread the icing onto the tops of the cooled cakes.