|Pork Belly with Roasted Vegetables|
2kg boneless pork belly
3-4 carrots, thick slices
1 onion, sliced
2 Garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200C.
- Score the skin at intervals of 2cm with a sharp knife.
- Lay meat skin down and season with salt, pepper, 1 chopped garlic clove and sage.
- Roll up the meat and tie with string.
- Place the rolled up meat onto a wire rack and holding over the sink pour boiling water over it.
- Pat dry and coat skin in oil and salt.
- Place the meat on the wire rack over a roast tin and put in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes the skin should be lovely and crispy so turn down the heat to Gas Mark 3 or 160C and cook for an hour.
- Whilst it is cooking cut up the potatoes, carrots, onion and after an hour throw the vegetables with the other garlic clove into bottom of the roasting tin, coating in the fat from the pork.
- Leave for another hour until vegetables cooked through.
- Leave meat to rest for 15 minutes before slicing down previously scored lines.
- Serve with roasted vegetables and any other steamed fresh vegetables you prefer.