250g ready made puff pastry
2 handfuls of grated cheese
100g bacon lardons (or finely chopped bacon pieces)
5/6 spring onions
a little milk for glazing
4/5 mushrooms, sliced (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Roll out the pastry to an even thickness to line a baking tray.
- Place on the baking tray and sprinkle on a 2/3rds of the grated cheese, covering the pastry but leaving 1-2cm clear around the edge.
- Place the bacon lardons and spring onions (and mushrooms if using) into a pan with a little oil & fry until the bacon is cooked.
- Add the bacon & spring onions to the top of the grated cheese.
- Crack 3 whole eggs onto the top of the tart, spread fairly evenly apart.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- With a pastry brush, brush the edges with milk to glaze.
- Place in the oven for 10-20 mins or until golden.
Eat warm for a special yummy brunch.