1 large onion, sliced
a selection of root veg, ie swede, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, turnips etc
2 tbsps honey
an orange, zest and juice
- Preheat oven to 190C or Gas Mark 6.
- Peel and chop the root veg into inch squared chunks.
- Mix chopped vegetables and onion into olive oil.
- Place in roasting tin with the sausages and roast for 10-15 mins.
- Mix together the honey, orange zest and juice.
- Turn over the vegetables and sausages in the roasting tin and drizzle over the honey and orange mix.
- Return to the oven for another 20-30 minutes until the veg is soft and sausages are cooked through.
Serve with some delicious creamy mashed potato as a Sunday roast alternative.