250g ready to roll puff pastry
500g chicken pieces
salt and pepper
1 medium onion
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 bay leaf
1 tsp thyme
100ml single cream
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp mustard
300ml chicken stock
milk to glaze
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Melt the butter on a gentle heat and add the chicken, season with salt and pepper as necessary and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the onions, nutmeg, bay leaf and thyme and continue to fry until the onions are beginning to soften.
- Then add the mushrooms and continue to fry until they are softening.
- Add the cream and flour mixing together well, add the mustard and chicken stock.
- Mix well and turn to a low heat to simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
- Place into a pie dish and top with pastry and glaze with milk.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the pastry is nicely golden brown.
Serve with roast potatoes or mash potatoes and seasonal vegetables.