1 onion, chopped finely
a handful of chopped fresh parsley
1 carrot, chopped
half a swede
1 parsnip, chopped
1 tin of beans
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
300ml veg stock
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Place sausages in the casserole dish and put in the oven to cook.
- Heat the oil in a pan & add the onion & half the parsley for a minute.
- Add the chopped vegetables (carrots, swede, parsnip) & fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the veg stock, beans, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce & mustard along with the remaining parsley, allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once sausages are cooked, add the simmering ingredients from the pan on top of the sausages & place back in the oven for 30 mins.
Serve with mashed or jacket potatoes and some fresh green beans or broccoli.