225g chorizo slices
1 clove of garlic
1-2 tsps of dried rosemary
1/2 courgettes, chopped
1 orange or yellow pepper, chopped
300g pearl barley
2/3 carrots, chopped
400g tin of tomatoes
1 lt of chicken stock made with 1 OXO cube
- Fry the chorizo in a pan until it is golden and crispy.
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil from the chorizo in the pan.
- Fry the onions, garlic and rosemary in a pan for a few minutes before adding the courgette and peppers and frying for a further few minutes.
- Add the pearl barley to the pan and coat in the oil.
- Add the carrots, tomatoes and chicken stock to the pan, bring to a simmer and place a lid on the pan.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes or until all or most of the liquid has been absorbed by the barley.
- Stir in the chorizo and heat for a few minutes, before serving.
Serve with grated cheese sprinkled on top!