|Bacon & Cheese Potato Skins|
4 large baking potatoes
150g Raclette cheese, grated (Raclette cheese is difficult to get your hands on in the UK but any flavourful cheese will do, mature cheddar, edam etc)
150g bacon lardons
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200C.
- Brush oil over the potato skins and pierce.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake the potatoes in the oven for an hour turning in the middle so that their skins are crispy and centre is soft.
- Allow the potatoes to cool a little before halving the potatoes and spooning out the potato flesh, leaving approximately 0.5cm of potato flesh around the skin.
- Fry the bacon until crispy.
- Mix together well the spooned out potato with the 3/4 of the grated cheese, crispy bacon, black pepper, chilli flakes and beaten egg so that it makes a thick but gooey mix.
- Spoon this back into the potato skins and sprinkle the left over cheese on top of each potato.
- Bake in the oven for another 15-20 minutes until the cheese has turned golden brown on top.
Serve with baked beans or a green salad to make a delicious meal.