Ingredients:800g beef, diced
2 onions, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
4 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
4 tbsps paprika
4-5 small carrots, peeled & sliced
2 peppers, sliced
600ml of beef stock
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
3 heaped tbsps flour
2 tbsps oil
- Place the flour in a bag with a sprinkling of black pepper, place in the diced meat and toss until coated with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a pan until hot, place the flour coated meat and allow it to sizzle away until nicely browned.
- Put the meat into the slow cooker and fry the onions and garlic for a few minutes until beginning to brown.
- Add the beef stock, tinned tomatoes, paprika, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce, mix & heat until simmering.
- Pour over the meat and add the carrots and peppers to the mix.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for approximately 6 hours.
Serve with rice or garlic bread or potatoes and creme fraise or soured cream.