1 normal sized tin of peach slices
115g caster sugar
115g self raising flour
175g icing sugar
few tbsps peach syrup or juice from the tin
|Ready for the oven|
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180C.
- Chop the peaches into small pieces, saving a few slices for the decorations.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour and then the small pieces of peaches with a tbsp of the peach juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown.
|Fresh from the oven|
- Put the icing sugar and butter in the bowl with a tbsp of the peach juice/syrup.
- Slowly cream together with a spoon, if necessary add another tbsp of peach juice until the required consistency is reached (stiff but liquid enough to smooth on to the cakes) and there are no lumps.
- Ice each cake using the back of the teaspoon to smooth it down.
- Chop the slices of peach left over to decorate the cakes.
|The final products . . . peach cupcakes!|