1.5kg of Potatoes
200g Bacon, chopped up
100g Mushrooms, sliced
2 Onions, roughly chopped
2 Carrots, 1cm slices
1 Sweet Potato, 1cm cubed
1/2 (half) tsp Paprika
1/2 (half) tsp Cinnamon
1/2 (half) a grated Nutmeg (or 1tsp of Nutmeg)
500ml Vegetable Stock
- Heat oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200C.
- Cut up potatoes
- Coat in oil and black pepper
- Place in a roasting tin and in the oven for 45 mins to 1 hour
- Fry the bacon and mushrooms in a pan on medium heat to allow the fat to ooze out.
- Add onion, carrot & sweet potato, cover and let it steam for a few minutes.
- Add the paprika, cinnamon & nutmeg and stir before adding the lentils and vegetable stock.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 30 mins or until the lentils have softened.
Serve together with the roast potatoes and any steamed green vegetables (optional)