I used to eat omelettes all the time when I was single, for they were really quick to make and nutritious, now I am married I rarely eat them because I only have one frying pan so have to make one at once which is annoying.
|Broccoli, Pepper and Cauliflower Omelette|
Splash of milk
Selection of vegetables: carrots, brocolli, peppers, olives, mushrooms, onion (or pretty much anything!)
Meat: cooked ham, bacon, cooked chicken (Optional)
Handful of grated cheese
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat, once hot add the vegetables and stir fry until soft (option of pre-steaming vegetables in microwave if required).
- Add the cooked meat and toss for a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl and pour over the stir fried meat and vegetables.
- Turn the heat down slightly and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and if you like a bit more flavour squeeze some small blobs of BBQ sauce over the surface.
- Finish off the omelette by placing under the grill until browned.
Enjoy with potato wedges and soured cream :)