So, if you had not realised it is PANCAKE DAY on Tuesday 4th March 2014.
110g plain flour
200ml milk combined with 75ml water
oil or butter to fry
- Place flour into a bowl and break eggs into it.
- Whisk the eggs and flour and gradually add the liquid mix until it is all mixed in and the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan until hot, and turn the heat down to medium.
- Add a ladle of the pancake mixture to the pan. Swirl the pancake mixture around in the pan to get a good covering of the whole base of the pan.
- Place the pan back onto the heat and after 30 seconds to a minute the pancake should be ready to turn, either use a fish slice to gently turn the pancake over or if you're feeling confident you can toss it in the pan.
- Cook for only a few seconds and slide out of the pan onto a plate.
Serve warm pancakes with syrup, sugar, honey, lemon, treacle, jam, nutella, ice cream, chopped fruit or anything else delicious!