|Egg fried rice|
Ingredients:Ham chunks or bacon lardons (Optional for vegetarians)
Tin of garden peas
Half a cup of rice
Splash of Soy sauce
Splash of Fish sauce
|Frying the rice|
- Boil the rice in 1 cup of water, until cooked.
- Pre-cook the peas and carrots.
- Heat the oil until hot & fry the bacon lardons or ham until starting to brown.
- Add the rice, carrots, peas, soy sauce & fish sauce and fry for a minute.
- Push the rice mix to one side of the pan and crack the eggs into the clear side. Leave for a minute or 2 to start cooking, then scramble and mix in the rice. Cook for another few minutes until the egg is nicely cooked whilst continually stirring.
Serve with a nice juicy piece of meat or eat as a meal by itself.