1 tbsp oil
12 beef meatballs
1 onion, chopped finely
250g mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tin of tomatoes
2 pepper, chopped
2 carrot, chopped
200ml beef stock (1 beef OXO cube dissolved in boiling water)
1 tbsp of tomato puree
300g pasta shapes
150-200g grated cheese
1 tin of garden peas (Optional)
1 tin of sweetcorn (Optional)
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meatballs, onion and garlic until onions are soft.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry also until the meatballs are cooked through and the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the pepper, carrots, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree & beef stock to the pan (and any optional ingredients).
- Allow the pan to simmer for 15-20 minutes until reduced.
- In the meantime, boil the pasta shapes for 10 minutes.
- Mix the pasta into the meatball sauce and pour it all into a pyrex casserole dish.
- Top with grated cheese and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is nicely browned.
Serve with garlic bread and/or green salad.