6 vegetarian sausages (I used Linda McCartney's)
1 red onion, chopped into chunks
1/2 a swede, peeled & chopped
1 small turnip, peeled & chopped
1 sweet potato, peeled & chopped
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place the sausages and chopped root vegetables into an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle the thyme and grind some black pepper over the sausages and vegetables.
- Halve and squeeze the juice of the oranges into a jug. Add the remains of the oranges to the dish with the sausages and vegetables.
- Add the olive oil and maple syrup to the orange juice, mix well.
- Pour the orange juice mix over the ingredients in the oven proof dish and stir well, so that all the ingredients are coated.
- Place in the oven for 45-50 mins, turn over in the middle of the cooking and remove from the oven when golden brown.
Serve with mashed or boiled potatoes.
NB Could probably be also made with meat sausages.