2 small or 1 large onion, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, crushed
150g mushrooms, quartered
2 large carrots, chopped finely
An inch slice of a large swede
Few large leaves of kale
2 tins tomatoes
1 tin borlotti beans
1 tin red kidney beans
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp ground coriander
Pinch of cumin
Sprinkle of dried coriander leaves (or some fresh chopped coriander if available)
2 tbsps olive oil
1 tbsp lime juice
Packet of tortilla wraps
- Gently heat oil in pan. Add the chopped onion & garlic, gently fry until soft.
- Add mushrooms, kale, swede & carrot. Fry for a few mins.
- Add the paprika, coriander (ground & dried), cumin & lime juice and stir well to coat all the vegetables.
- Add the tins of beans & tomatoes and mix well.
- Simmer on a low heat for 20 mins or until the vegetables are soft.
- Place a large spoonful into each wrap & fold them up, place them side by side in a rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle lots of grated cheese on top & grill for a few minutes until golden brown. Or if you prefer a crispier enchilada place in the oven at 180C for 20-30 mins.
Serve with a green salad, guacamole, salsa & sour cream dips, tortilla chips etc for a delicious Mexican meal.
NB Alternative: the filling could also be served with rice