2kg ham joint, soaked overnight to reduce the salt
2 onions, chopped finely
half a swede, chopped into chunks
6 carrots, peeled & sliced
1 can of baked beans
2 cans of tinned tomatoes
1 can of kidney beans
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsps mixed herbs
- Chop the onions, swede & carrots and place in the bottom of a slow cooker dish.
- Add the baked beans, tinned tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato puree & herbs and mix well.
- Cut off as much fat as possible from the ham joint.
- Make a dip in the bean & veg mix and place the ham joint on top.
- Pour over 300ml boiling water.
- Cook on high for 1 hr, then low for another 6-7 hrs.
Serve with rice or potatoes.