1 red pepper, sliced
1 onion, chopped finely
1 carrot, chopped into sticks
100g mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp dried coriander leaves
1 tsp lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of cumin
pinch of dried chillies
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
more olive oil for drizzling or brushing onto pittas
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- In a bowl mix together the ground & dried coriander, cumin, paprika and chillies with the oil and lime juice into a paste.
- Add the onions and garlic to the paste & mix well.
- Heat a pan until it's hot and add the onion & paste mix, frying until the onions are beginning to soften.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and fry until soft.
- Take the pitta breads and cut in half, opening up the pocket in the bread.
- Stuff the pittas with grated cheese and the cooked vegetable mix.
- Place the stuffed pittas on a baking tray and drizzle or brush with some olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until looking golden.
Serve with a lovely green salad as a light lunch.