White sauce:500ml milk
1 heaped tbsp plain flour
Pesto - half jar
200g frozen or fresh peas
Few leaves of fresh basil
Few leaves of fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Melt butter in a pan on a low heat.
- Remove from heat & mix in the flour to make a thick paste.
- Whisk in a small amount of the milk to make a smooth paste and return to a low/medium heat. As it's heating continue stirring & gradually add more & more of milk to the pan. Eventually the sauce will begin thickening.
- Stir in the spinach, peas, pesto & herbs and heat until the spinach leaves have wilted.
- In a lasagne dish layer: the lasagne sheets, pesto, pea & spinach sauce & a sprinkling of grated cheese. Continue layering until you have used all the sauce, top with cheese.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy with some fresh green salad or garlic bread. We also had some grilled sausages with the lasagne for all you meat lovers.